Making Hard-Boiled Eggs
A lot of webpages
tout "Perfect" hard-boiled eggs. I'm not sure if this is that. But they came out very good.
- Put eggs on bottom of sauce pan
- Cover with cold water
- Heat on stove-top until water established at good, rolling boil
- Remove from heat and cover
- Wait 18 minutes.
- Carefully pour out water, it's still very hot
- Cover eggs with coldest tap water, immediately drain water
- Do this last step a couple more times
- Cover with cold water again, and let sit for 2 mins
- Drain and replace cold water, another 2 minutes
Peel and enjoy.
Posted by jackhodgson at March 31, 2005 09:21 AM