August 30, 2008

I got stung by a bee. Twice!

I just put my hand on a railing while climbing a flight of exterior stairs, and there must of been a bee on the rail who took a dislike to me. It felt like I'd touched a thorn at first, beside the nail of my left, little finger. Then when I, reflexively, tried to brush it off with my right hand, he got me again in the palm.

It stung like crazy for a few minutes, then lessened. Now the tip of my left little finger is pretty swollen, and a little sore. Only a little reddening in my right palm.

I've never had any allergy to bee stings. When I was a kid I accidentally stood on a underground nest, and got about a dozen stings in my right calf. Other than some swelling and itching, no problem.

A similar sting, on a finger a couple of years ago, didn't even produce much swelling.

So I think I'll live.

Posted by jackhodgson at August 30, 2008 11:23 AM